Our next BRB job post comes from Danny Cho, Senior Manager Client Intake at Mintz. He’s hiring a “Client Intake Manager” for his team.
This position is based in Boston, and they’re looking for someone with a JD with experience managing the staff of a mid-sized conflicts or new business intake department at a law firm or equivalent:
- “The Client Intake Department is principally responsible for responding to requests for conflict checks associated with prospective new clients, new matters, potential lateral attorneys and support staff candidates, and other related matters.”
- “The Client Intake Manager will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the Department. The Client Intake Manager ensures all such requests submitted to the Department are responded to promptly and within stated time frames by Department staff, provides direct supervision to Department staff in the fulfilment of these requests, and monitors compliance with all firm policies, procedures, and best practices.”
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and oversee day-to-day operations of the Firm’s Client Intake Department.
- Supervise the Department’s processing of submitted requests to ensure compliance with Firm policies, best practices, and the Department’s own expectations.
- Personally conduct conflicts-related training of lateral attorneys.
- Create and maintain information walls and screens.
- Supervise the testing and implementation of new systems, as needed.
- Personally participate in the training and professional development of Department staff.
- Assist in the development of forward-looking intake policies and procedures, including by staying current with industry trends and evolving best practices, and coordinating and conducting training of attorneys and assistants regarding the same.
- Implement improvements to reporting, clearance, data collection, and maintenance processes for both laterals and new business intake; collect, analyze, and report information from the conflicts team to assist in developing best practices and procedures.
See the complete job posting for more detail on job and to apply.
Learn more about working at Mintz on their careers page:
- “We know that any organization is only as good as its people, and we expect the best from ours. Whether you recently passed the bar, are looking for a change later in your career, or possess gifts in administration, we want you to succeed. You win, we win: it’s that simple. So, what do you care about? How would you like to be challenged? We will ask; come prepared with your answers.”
- “We recognize that the firm’s success is dependent on having high-quality professionals in every position. Our staff members are vital contributors to the delivery of outstanding legal services. We seek talented and driven individuals who are committed to producing exceptional work, and providing critical support to our attorneys. Our environment offers collegiality, intellectual curiosity, teamwork, and an opportunity to grow professionally. We encourage enthusiasm, take pride in our work, and reap the benefits of working with a great group of colleagues.”
And if you’re interested in seeing your firm’s listings here, please feel free to reach out…
Crime Never Pays
3 Lawsuits That Are Transforming the California Labor Regulation Landscape
Facts about Divorce, Dissolution of Relationship, Legal separation, and Annulment in California