Have you got ill due to exposure to polluted water? Most health problems can come from using water that toxic chemicals and bacteria have poisoned. For instance, past victims of water contamination have been diagnosed with female infertility, cancer, Parkinson’s disease, renal toxicity, and other health issues because of the toxic chemicals in drinking water.
If you think your health problems are caused by water contamination or another source of water pollution, you might qualify to file for financial settlement for the damage and losses. A camp LeJeune water contamination lawyer will review your lawsuit to determine your options.
Reimbursement for Water Contamination Injuries
Cancer and other severe diseases need significant medical care, but getting this treatment isn’t free. You might be struggling to pay the medical bills, a significant burden, especially if you are dealing with a health issue. Severe injuries can limit your finances since you don’t work anymore.
Compensation for Camp LeJeune Service Members and Their Loved Ones
Compensation can come through the VA (US Department of Veterans Affairs) for service members and their loved ones. They are offering eligible camp LeJeune water contamination victims settlement for disability payments and medical care.
Furthermore, the Camp LeJeune justice act of 2022 allows victims to file cases for their financial settlement. You can be reimbursed for medical costs and also financial and personal losses you’ve suffered because of the water contamination damage.
Here are the losses water pollution victims can claim:
- Pain & suffering (mental, physical and emotional pains that degrade your quality way of life)
- Lost the ability to work
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Lost quality of life
- Mental trauma and expenses related treatment
Can an Attorney Help You File a Water Contamination Lawsuit?
Filing for settlement for your injuries and damages can be challenging. With professional help from an experienced camp LeJeune water contamination lawyer, you don’t need to handle the process alone. There are some steps to follow, and it’s vital to get things right to ensure you don’t lose your eligibility for settlement on a technicality.
The professional attorney with your lawsuit in many ways:
- The lawyer will examine the case to determine the available options. If you qualify for settlement via VA, the lawyer will assist you in exploring that alternative. If you qualify to join some class action lawsuit, the professional will assist you during the process.
- Second, your attorney will gather evidence that should be presented with your lawsuit. In a situation where big companies or municipalities might be responsible for the contaminated water, this will be a daunting process without proper legal representation.
- The lawyer will file all the paperwork. Filing requirements and deadlines can break or make your water contamination lawsuit. Therefore, the client will invest their attention to detail as needed.
The primary role of a camp LeJeune water contamination lawyer is to protect your rights as they fight for your settlement.
Access to cleaner drinking water is a basic human right. So, you deserve compensation if you suffer the damages caused by contaminated water. A professional lawyer will help you get the compensation you deserve.
How to Know You Qualify to File a Water Contamination Case
Water contamination lawsuits aren’t the same. You can qualify to file a lawsuit based on the type of damage, the evidence presented, and the possible liable party.
Typically, you need to have evidence of the following:
- You were severely harmed by water pollution, like from a cancer diagnosis
- Your health state resulted in damages like lost wages and medical bills
- The responsible party, like a business, individual, or government, was liable for the damages and injuries
Nevertheless, there are other ways to prove you qualify for compensation as a victim of water contamination. Never dismiss your opportunity of seeking settlement on your own. To determine if you have a viable case, a Camp LeJeune water contamination lawyer will investigate the situation and highlight your options.