Day: Thursday, March 12th
Time: 1:00 to 2:00 pm
Site: San Diego Law Library, Downtown Site
MCLE: 1 hour participatory credit score
Charge: No cost
Sign up: On the internet
Are you curious about your ancestry? Pondering if your family tree includes Native American heritage? Understand about tracing Native American ancestry in this cost-free class which will involve:
- Transient Heritage of Indian Relocations
- Transient Heritage of Federal Recognition as utilized to Tribes
- Summary of Essential Terms and Phrases
- How to commence the process of investigating ancestry
- Sources for investigating ancestry
- For Indian Adoptees—how to file a petition to unseal delivery data
Speaker Mica Llerandi, a member of the Navajo Country, joined California Indian Legal Products and services as a Staff Attorney in January 2018. She acquired her Bachelor of Arts in Religious Research from Yale College and her Juris Medical professional and a Certification in Indigenous People’s Law and Plan from the College of Arizona, James E. Rogers College or university of Law. After legislation college, Mica worked on a number of Indian reservations in both of those point out and tribal courts in Arizona. She moved to California in 2016 and, before signing up for CILS, represented youngsters in San Diego County dependency proceedings.
The article Neighborhood Course on Tracing Native American Ancestry Mar. twelve appeared to start with on San Diego Law Library.