Today in the United States, politics is largely a series of negotiations between various groups with special interests. Special interest groups get a bad name, but the fact of the matter is this: when you’re dealing with important issues, such as grandparents legal rights, it helps to bond together with others in your situation. The American Association of Retired Persons is one organization you can turn to.
In fact, this organization is perhaps the most reliable and proven one to you can turn when it comes to grandparent legal rights. This organization has over 40 million elder Americans as members. This makes it one of the largest lobbying groups in the land.
This powerful lobby has worked for more than 50 years to help improve the quality of life for older Americans. They have been at the forefront of advocating for positive social change, and for making sure that grandparent legal rights are protected.
Here are some of the ways this hard-working organization is working hard for you:
- Taking the lead on grandparents legal rights. The American Association of Retired Persons has worked at the state and federal levels to try to see legislation passed that favors grandparents. They have struggled to insure that grandparents have visitation rights to grandchildren, as an example.
- Advocating for social change in other areas that matter to you. Issues like Social Security and affordable health care are important to you; thus, they are at the forefront of this organization, as well.
- Providing outreach programs, giving you a way to make your voice heard through its volunteer opportunities.
- Voter education. The organization puts together summaries of how various politicians vote on key legislation that faces you as an older American. They make researching where your elected officials stand on the issues a relatively easy and painless process.
- Providing other benefits. The association isn’t only interested in advocacy and politics. While advocating for grandparents legal rights is one part of what they do, it isn’t the only thing. For example, the organization offers its members a variety of financial and insurance-related products, often at a significant discount.
If you’re concerned about grandparents legal rights, this powerful organization is one you need to know more about. Joining is simple, and it’s probably the easiest way to make sure that your voice is heard. Add in all of the other benefits, and you can begin to see that the organization really is dedicated to improving your quality of life, and that of other older Americans.